Oregon Thoroughbred Owners & Breeders Association April 2017 PostTimes
OTOBA SUMMER FAIR
The OTOBA will offer a Stake race at each summer fair meet for Oregon-bred Thoroughbreds 3 & Up.
Union $5,000 purse 5 furlongs
Grants Pass $6,000 purse 6.5 furlongs
Prineville $7,000 purse 7 furlongs
Tillamook $8,000 purse One Mile +70
Burns $10,000 purse 5 furlongs
Preference to horses starting in prior meet series race. Entry fee $10 per race. No preference to Maidens. Please refer to meet condition books and the OTOBA website for more information.
The OTOBA will also add $1,000 to the purse for one Fillies/Mares Stake race at each meet.
OTOBA HI-POINT OREGON-BRED
2017 Summer Fair Meets
Cash awards will be given to the top five fillies/Mares and the top five colts/Geldings!
1st - $1000 2nd - $750 3rd - $500 4th - $250 5th - $125
The OTOBA offers this incentive program for our Owners and Breeders
who support the summer fair racing circuit in Oregon.
Breeder awards will be paid on Oregon-bred earnings during the 2017 Summer Fairs.
- Must be a registered Oregon-bred Thoroughbred
- Point system: 1st place finish=5 points, 2nd place finish=4 points, 3rd place finish=3 points, 4th place finish =2 points, 5th place finish=1 point. FIVE additional points will be awarded to each horse that enters & runs at a fair meet (example: 5 points for entering & running at Harney County Fair, another 5 points for entering & running at Grants Pass Fair). Points will be calculated by a representative of the OTOBA. Note: points follow the horse, not the owner, breeder, or trainer of the horse.
- The owners will receive the cash award. The winning owner and winning trainer of each category will receive a prize to be determined by the OTOBA Board of Directors.
- In the case of a tie, the OTOBA Board of Directors will vote for the winner.
- If a horse is claimed:- if the horse is claimed and starts in future fair meet races then the points follow the horse. If the horse is claimed and does not start in future fair meet races then the points do not follow the horse. (example: The current High-Point TB horse is claimed at Tillamook Fair and does not start another race for the remaining fair race meets; the points remain for the owner of the horse prior to the claim-not the claimant connections.)
- Points expire at the end of the 2017 Summer Fair Circuit.
- Owners, Trainers and Breeders must be members of the OTOBA to avoid a 5% service charge on cash awards.
- In the case of dispute or clarifications, the OTOBA Board of Directors will have the final decision.
- Points will be awarded to Oregon-bred Thoroughbreds who place 1 through 5 in Thoroughbred races only. Mixed breed races will not be recognized for points or awards.
|OTOBA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Are you interested in serving on the OTOBA Board of Directors?
We are beginning our annual election process. If you are a current member of the OTOBA you may submit your interest in becoming a director to the OTOBA office. Please email your responses to the following to Lynnelle@oregontoba.com:
1. Describe how you will represent the OTOBA members.
2. What experience will you bring to the OTOBA?
The Board of Directors will review nominees for the ballot. Nominees will be notified in May if they will be placed on the election ballot.
|Summer Fair Racing
2017 Oregon Summer Fair Racing dates have been announced:
Eastern Oregon Livestock Show
June 9, 10 & 11, 2017
(3 days of racing)
Grants Pass Downs
June 17, 18, 24 & 25 and
July 1, 2, 4, 8 & 9, 2017
(9 days of racing)
Crooked River Roundup
July 12, 13, 14 & 15, 2017
(4 days of racing)
Tillamook County Fair
August 9, 10, 11 & 12, 2017
(4 days of racing)
Harney County Fair
September 8, 9 & 10, 2017
(3 days of racing)
Locations and contact information can be found on the OTOBA website.
|April Williams of HorseWinPix, Portland Meadows race photographer, still has quite a few winning photos left from the 2016-17 meet. She would like to get these to the appropriate people. If you have outstanding win photos, please contact her at (360) 513-1227.
|HORSES FOR SALE
TB, DK B/, M, foaled April 7, 2010
( Harbor the Gold - Flying Memo, by Memo (CHI) ) $25,000 call Eric Jensen
|OAKHURST MAJOR HERD REDUCTION
Thoroughbreds of all ages!
Click HERE for information on horses available.
Contact Ben Root, Co-Manager at Oakhurst Farm and Oakhurst Equine Veterinary Services